The Levin Cosmopolitan Club is situated in the town of Levin in the Horowhenua region of the North Island of New Zealand. The Club is affiliated with Clubs NZ (Inc) and therefore welcomes members from other affiliated clubs from New Zealand and Australia.
ACCESS TO CLUB
The front doors are situated on Oxford Street with another two entrances accessible from the car parking area at the rear of the building. The doors are open from 10.30am every day.
If for some reason you require access to the Club before 10.30am please use the side entrance (under the shade sail) and ring the bell for attention.
Parking is available at the rear of the Club off Ward Street and Seddon Street.
CHILDREN IN THE CLUB
The rules pertaining to children in the Club are as follows: -
Monday to Thursday 11am - 7pm
Friday & Saturday 11am - 4.30pm (Except for Major sporting events on T.V.)
Sunday All day
Monday to Thursday 11am - 7pm
Friday& Saturday 11am - 4.30pm (Except for major sporting events on T.V.)
Sunday All day
Hudson Room - Restaurant
Monday to Saturday 11am to close of restaurant for 0 -12 yrs
Teenagers to close as long as supervised
T.A.B. & Gaming Areas
Children under 18 yrs are not permitted in the T.A.B. or Gaming areas.
The B.B.Q./Garden area is open to all children as long as they are supervised
Please remember that while these guidelines have been drawn up to enable Members and their families to enjoy the facilities that the Club provides, children must be supervised by parents/guardians at all times.
Annual subscriptions fall due on 31st July and MUST be paid on or before that day. Please ensure you remember to pay.
- Individual Membership $46.00 per year
- Husband & Wife/Partner $69.00 per year
- Senior Members Club $36.00
- 25 years Membership $11.50
- Life Members Nil
The financial year runs 1st August – 31st July with the A.G.M. held in October usually on the third Sunday of the month.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE CLUB INCLUDE: -
LCC Member Support Group - A service provided by the Club to assist those members who may require help with transport/cost of transport to hospital, specialist appointments, etc.
The Support Group also fund a community nurse to visit the Club on the first Saturday of each month to enable you to discuss your health concerns, have your blood pressure checked and diabetes tested.
Gambling Helpline - The Club through ClubsNZ provide a Gambling helpline that is available 24/7 for those who may require it.
Tuesday night is our MEMBERS JACKPOT night and if you are in the Club you could be a winner. The draw is done using your membership card number. The jackpot maximum is $1,000, and at that stage if it is not won, the following week there will be two draws – one for $1,000 and the other for $300. There is also a second chance draw for a Cossie Club Bonus Pack which consists of a $20 Bar tab, $10 TAB voucher, $2 Raffle Ticket voucher and a $10 Meal voucher. All you have to do is be present in the Club on Tuesday nights, at around 5.45pm. BUT MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE YOUR MEMBERSHIP CARD WITH YOU.
Conditions of entry for the Members Jackpot Draw
- Open to Levin Cossie Club Members only
- To claim any prize you must be in the Club at the time of the draw and have your membership card with you.
- The pool starts at $300.00 and will snowball by $50.00 per week until it reaches $1,000.
- Each Tuesday up to three (3) numbers will be drawn for the first prize pool.
- If the pool reaches $1,000.00 and is not struck this will carry over to the next week and a second draw will start with an opening balance $300 which will jackpot by $100 per week until it is either struck or reaches the maximum of $1,000
- Two Cossie Bonus Pack draws will also take place on Tuesday night ONLY and will be struck on the night. Entry to this is open to all Members in the Club on the Tuesday night between 4pm and the time of the draws. Entry to the second draw is on an entry form available from the Bar/Cafe on purchases of refreshments or food.
- The Club Executive reserve the right to amend or alter conditions of both draws if or when required.
REMEMBER IT IS VERY, VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE YOUR CARD ON YOU WHEN IN THE CLUB, AS YOU COULD BE ASKED TO PRESENT THIS AT ANY TIME.
DISCOUNTED TAXI SERVICE
The Club provides a discounted taxi service in conjunction with TAXI DIRECT 368 8200.
The Club subsidises the fare to the value of $3.50.
This service is available to all Members, Members guests (if a Member is travelling with them) and Affiliated Members on presentation of a valid Club Membership Card.
TAXI chits must be presented for this discount and are available to Members and affiliated Members only from the Bar.
- Your membership card MUST be produced on request
- You must sign a TAXI chit when coming in with the TAXI driver
- If you don't pick up or sign for the TAXI chit then the full fare will apply
- The TAXI chits are for travel to and from residential addresses, motels and the Levin Cosmopolitan Club
- All TAXI chits are to be handed to the driver